List of Islamist terrorist attacks 1980-2016
|Lebanon||April 18, 1983||The 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing, in Beirut, Lebanon by the Islamic Jihad Organization.||63||120|
|Lebanon||October 23, 1983||The 1983 Beirut barracks bombing by the Islamic Jihad Organization.||307||75|
|Kuwait||December 12, 1983||The 90-minute coordinated 1983 Kuwait bombings of six key foreign and Kuwaiti installations including two embassies, the airport, and the country's main petro-chemical plant, was more notable for the damage it might have caused than what was actually destroyed. What might have been "the worst terrorist episode of the twentieth century in the Middle East," succeeding in killing only 6 people because of the bombs' faulty rigging.||6||0|
|Lebanon||September 20, 1984||The 1984 United States embassy annex bombing in Beirut,Lebanon.||24||0|
|Indonesia||January 21, 1985||The Buddhist Borobudur temple in Java was damaged by 9 bombs.||24||0|
|Spain||April 12, 1985||1985 El Descanso bombing.||18||82|
|Greece||June 14, 1985||TWA Flight 847 hijacking.||1||0|
|Turkey||September 6, 1986||Neve Shalom Synagogue attack.||22||0|
|Israel||July 7, 1989||Tel Aviv Jerusalem bus 405 suicide attack, near Kiryat Yearim.||16||0|
|Egypt||February 4, 1990||A bus carrying Israeli tourists in Egypt was attacked by Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine.||11||17|
|China||February 2, 1992||1992 Ürümqi bombings||3||23|
|Argentina||March 17, 1992||The 1992 attack on Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires||29||242|
|United States||January 25, 1993||1993 shootings at CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia.||2||3|
|United States||February 26, 1993||World Trade Center bombing, in New York City.||6||1,042|
|India||March 12, 1993||Serial blasts in Mumbai||257||0|
|Turkey||July 2, 1993||Sivas Massacre, Arson attack at a gathering in Sivas killing 35 intellectuals from Turkey, most of whom were Alevis.||35||0|
|Israel||April 6, 1994||Afula Bus suicide bombing||8||55|
|Israel||April 13, 1994||Hadera bus station suicide bombing||5||30|
|Argentina||July 18, 1994||Buenos Aires Jewish Center AMIA bombing||85||300|
|United Kingdom||July 26, 1994||The 1994 London Israeli Embassy attack||0||20|
|Israel||October 19, 1994||The Dizengoff Street bus bombing was a Hamas suicide attack on a passenger bus driving down Dizengoff Street in Tel Aviv.||22||50|
|Israel||November 11, 1994||Netzarim Junction bicycle bombing||3||12|
|Algeria||December 24, 1994||Air France Flight 8969 hijacking in Algiers by 3 members of Armed Islamic Group of Algeria and another terrorist.||7||25|
|Israel||January 22, 1995||The Beit Lid suicide bombing was a suicide attack by Palestinian Islamic Jihad||20||69|
|Israel||January 30, 1995||A car bomb exploded outside of a police station.||42||286|
|Israel||July 20, 1995||A bomb on a motor scooter exploded at a marketplace in Jammu.Harkat-ul-Ansar claimed responsibility for the bombing.||17||100+|
|Israel||July 24, 1995||The Ramat Gan bus bombing, a suicide attack by Hamas.||5||33|
|France||July 25, 1995||The 1995 Paris Métro and RER bombings were a series of attacks by the Armed Islamic Group of Algeria in France, continuing through October 17, 1995.||8||100+|
|Croatia||October 20, 1995||In the 1995 Rijeka bombing a suicide bomber attempted to destroy a police station by driving a car with a bomb into the wall of the building.||1||29|
|Israel||February 25, 1996||The Jaffa Road bus bombings, two attacks on Jerusalem route 18 buses by Hamas.||45||52|
|Israel||March 4, 1996||The Dizengoff Center suicide bombing was a terror attack by Hamason the eve of the Jewish holiday of Purim.||13||130|
|Egypt||April 18, 1996||Islamist gunmen fire on the Europa hotel in Cairo.||18||17|
|Saudi Arabia||June 25, 1996||Khobar Towers bombing||20||372|
|China||February 25, 1997||Three bombs explode on three buses in the Xinjiang capital of Ürümqi||9||74|
|Israel||March 21, 1997||The Café Apropo bombing was a Hamas suicide bomber who detonated at a Tel Aviv sidewalk café.||3||46|
|Israel||July 30, 1997||The 1997 Mahane Yehuda Market bombings were two consecutive suicide bombings carried out by Hamas militants at the Mahane Yehuda Market in Jerusalem.||16||178|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||September 18, 1997||The 1997 Mostar car bombings.||0||29|
|Egypt||November 17, 1997||Luxor massacre, 6 armed Islamic terrorists attacked tourists at the Luxor ruins.||62||26|
|India||February 14, 1998||A total of 58 people were killed and over 200 injured in 12 bomb attacks in 11 places, in the city of Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.||58||200+|
|Tanzania||August 7, 1998||1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya.||224||4000+|
|Malaysia||April 23, 2000||April 23, 2000 – September 19, 2000 2000 Sipadan kidnappings by 6 Islamist militants||0||5|
|Yemen||October 12, 2000||Attack on USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.||17||39|
|India||December 22, 2000||Attack on Red Fort in Delhi||3||0|
|Indonesia||December 24, 2000||Christmas Eve 2000 Indonesia bombings of churches in eight cities.||18||0|
|Israel||March 4, 2001||The 2001 Netanya bombing was a suicide bombing in Netanya, Israel.||3||60+|
|Bangladesh||April 14, 2001||2001 Ramna Batamul bombings||10||17|
|Israel||May 18, 2001||The 2001 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing in Netanya, Israel.||5||100+|
|Philippines||May 27, 2001||Dos Palmas kidnappings||40||18|
|Israel||June 1, 2001||Dolphinarium discotheque suicide bombing||21||100+|
|Israel||August 9, 2001||The Sbarro restaurant suicide bombing was a Hamas terrorist attack on a pizzeria in downtown Jerusalem.||15||130|
|Israel||September 9, 2001||The Nahariya train station suicide bombing was executed by an Arab-Israeli who was sent by Hamas and detonated himself on the crowded platform||3||94|
|Afghanistan||September 9, 2001||The assassination of Ahmad Shah Massoud in Takhar Province, Afghanistan||1||0|
|United States||September 11, 2001||September 11, 2001 – 4 airliners hijacked by 19 al-Qaeda members in the East Coast of the United States: two planes crashed into and destroyed the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center and surrounding buildings in New York City, one went into the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia, and one crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, in a failed attempt to hit Washington, D.C. (either theWhite House or the U.S. Capitol), after a revolt by the plane's passengers.||2,996||246|
|India||October 1, 2001||Attack on the Jammu and Kashmir legislative assembly.||38||0|
|Israel||November 29, 2001||The Pardes Hanna bus bombing was a suicide bombing on a bus fromNazareth to Tel Aviv.||3||7|
|Israel||December 2, 2001||Haifa bus 16 suicide bombing||15||40|
|India||December 13, 2001||Suicide attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi by Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist organizations Jaish-E-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Toiba, aimed at eliminating the top leadership of India and causing anarchy in the country.||7||12|
|India||January 22, 2002||Attack on an American cultural centre in Kolkata.||5||20|
|Israel||January 25, 2002||The 2002 Tel Aviv outdoor mall bombing was a terrorist attack which occurred in which a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up in Tel-Aviv, Israel, injuring at least 24 civilians.||1 (perpetrator)||24|
|Israel||January 27, 2002||2002 Jaffa Street bombing.||2||100+|
|Pakistan||February 1, 2002||Daniel Pearl, an American journalist working for The Wall Street Journal, was beheaded in Pakistan.||1||0|
|Israel||March 2, 2002||The Yeshivat Beit Yisrael massacre was a suicide bombing which occurred in the Beit Yisrael neighborhood in downtown Jerusalem.||12||54|
|Israel||March 9, 2002||The Café Moment bombing was a Palestinian terrorist attack in a coffee shop in downtown Jerusalem, Israel.||12||54|
|Israel||March 20, 2002||The Umm al-Fahm bus bombing was a suicide bombing which occurred on a bus which was passing through Umm al-Fahm in northern Israel.||8||27|
|Israel||March 21, 2002||King George Street bombing.||4||42|
|Israel||March 27, 2002||The Passover massacre was a suicide bombing carried out by Hamas at the Park Hotel in Netanya.||31||140|
|Israel||March 29, 2002||Kiryat HaYovel supermarket bombing.||3||28|
|India||March 30, 2002||Attack on the Raghunath temple||11||20|
|Israel||March 31, 2002||The Matza restaurant suicide bombing occurred, when a Palestinian Hamas suicide bomber detonated his bomb inside the Matza restaurant in Haifa, Israel, near the Grand Canyon shopping mall.||17||40+|
|Israel||April 10, 2002||Yagur Junction bombing.||9||19|
|Tunisia||April 11, 2002||Ghriba synagogue bombing A natural gas truck rigged with explosives detonated in front of the ancient El Ghriba synagogue on the Tunisian island of Djerba.||20||30+|
|Israel||April 12, 2002||2002 Mahane Yehuda Market bombing.||7||104|
|Israel||May 7, 2002||The 2002 Rishon LeZion bombing was a suicide bombing which occurred at a crowded game club located in the new industrial area of Rishon Lezion.||16||57|
|Pakistan||May 8, 2002||2002 Karachi bus bombing A man driving a car bomb detonated next to a bus carrying mostly French engineers.||15||40|
|India||May 14, 2002||Three terrorists attacked a tourist bus near the town of Kaluchak in the Indian state Jammu and Kashmir.||31||47|
|Israel||May 19, 2002||Netanya Market bombing.||4||59|
|Israel||June 5, 2002||Megiddo Junction bus bombing.||14||43|
|United States||July 4, 2002||2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting.||3||4|
|Israel||June 11, 2002||2002 Herzliya shawarma restaurant bombing.||1||15|
|Pakistan||June 14, 2002||The first of several attacks targeting the U.S. consulate in Karachi.||12||51|
|Israel||June 18, 2002||Patt Junction Bus bombing.||19||74|
|Israel||June 19, 2002||2002 French Hill suicide bombing.||7||50|
|Saudi Arabia||June 20, 2002||A British national was killed when a bomb placed under his car detonated in Al Nakheel.||1||0|
|India||July 13, 2002||Militants kill 27 Hindu labourers in Qasim Nagar on the outskirts of Jammu in Jammu and Kashmir.||27||30|
|Israel||July 16, 2002||2002 Immanuel bus attack.||9||20|
|Israel||July 17, 2002||Neve Shaanan Street bombing.||5||40|
|Israel||July 31, 2002||Hebrew University bombing.||9||100|
|Israel||August 4, 2002||Meron Junction Bus 361 attack.||9||38|
|Israel||September 19, 2002||Allenby Street bus bombing.||6||70|
|India||September 24, 2002||Akshardham Temple attack.||32||80|
|Phillippines||October 2, 2002||The first of three bomb blasts in Zamboanga City kills 4 people, including one United States Green Beretand wounds 25 others, including another United States Green Beret.||4||25|
|Saudi Arabia||September 29, 2002||A German national was killed by a car bomb in central Riyadh.||1||0|
|France||October 6, 2002||An explosive-laden dinghy rammed the French-flagged tanker Limburg in the Gulf of Aden off of Yemen, killing one crewman and seriously damaging the ship.||1||0|
|Kuwait||October 8, 2002||Faylaka Island attack Two Kuwaiti jihadists attacked a group of United States Marines, killing one and injuring another. Both attackers were killed.||1||1|
|Indonesia||October 12, 2002||2002 Bali bombings in the tourist district of Kuta on the Indonesian island of Bali, killing 202 people and injuring 240.||202||240|
|Philippines||October 17, 2002||The second of three bomb blasts targets a shopping centre in Zamboanga City, killing at least 7 and wounding about 150 people.||7||150|
|Philippines||October 21, 2002||The third of three bomb blasts targets Fort Pilar, a Catholic shrine in Zamboanga City, killing a Philippine Marine guarding the church and wounding 18 others.||1||18|
|Israel||October 21, 2002||Karkur junction suicide bombing.||14||40+|
|Russia||October 23, 2002||The Moscow theater hostage crisis was the seizure of the crowded Dubrovka Theater by Islamists.||170||700+|
|Israel||October 27, 2002||Sonol gas station bombing.||3||18|
|Israel||November 21, 2002||Kiryat Menachem bus bombing.||11||50|
|India||November 24, 2002||Attack on the Raghunath temple.||14||45|
|Kenya||November 28, 2002||2002 Mombasa attacks Islamic terrorists launch simultaneous attacks against an Israeli-owned hotel inMombasa and an Israeli charter plane. 13 people (10 Kenyans and 3 Israelis), not including 3 suicide bombers, were killed and 80 injured at the hotel, but the plane was missed by the two missiles fired at it.||13||80|
|Israel||January 5, 2003||Tel Aviv central bus station massacre||23||100+|
|Saudi Arabia||February 20, 2003||An Switzerland employee of BAE Systems was shot to death in his car in Riyadh.||1||0|
|Pakistan||February 28, 2003||A gunman opens fire on the U.S. consulate in Karachi.||2||6|
|Israel||March 5, 2003||Haifa bus 37 suicide bombing.||17||53|
|Israel||April 30, 2003||Mike's Place suicide bombing.||3||50+|
|Saudi Arabia||May 1, 2003||A man dressed in a Royal Saudi Navy uniform penetrated an American base, killing one American, before escaping unscathed.||1||0|
|Saudi Arabia||May 12, 2003||Several heavily-armed gunmen open fire and detonate vehicle bombs outside three housing compounds in Riyadh occupied by Westerners.||39||160+|
|Russia||May 12, 2003||The 2003 Znamenskoye suicide bombing.||59||200|
|Morocco||May 16, 2003||A series of suicide bombings in Casablanca.||45||100+|
|Israel||May 18, 2003||2003 French Hill suicide bombings.||7||20|
|Israel||May 19, 2003||Afula mall bombing.||3||70|
|Israel||June 11, 2003||Davidka Square bus bombing.||17||100 (approx.)|
|Indonesia||August 5, 2003||2003 Marriott Hotel bombing in Mega Kuningan, South Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bomber detonated a car bomb outside the JW Marriott Jakarta lobby.||12||150|
|Israel||August 19, 2003||Shmuel HaNavi bus bombing.||24||130+|
|India||August 25, 2003||Twin car bombings.||54||244|
|Israel||September 9, 2003||Tzrifin bus stop attack.||9||15|
|Israel||September 9, 2003||Café Hillel bombing.||7||50+|
|Israel||October 4, 2003||The Maxim restaurant suicide bombing was a suicide bombing in the beachfront "Maxim" restaurant in Haifa, Israel. Among the victims were two families and four children, including a two-month-old baby.||21||51|
|Saudi Arabia||November 8, 2003||A suicide truck bomb detonated outside a housing compound in Laban Valley, west of Riyadh.||17||122|
|Turkey||November 15–20, 2003||2003 Istanbul bombings.||57||700|
|Indonesia||January 10, 2004||2004 Palopo cafe bombing.||4||3|
|Israel||January 14, 2004||2004 Erez Crossing bombing.||4||10|
|Israel||January 29, 2004||Gaza Street bus bombing.||11||50+|
|Russia||February 6, 2004||February 2004 Moscow Metro bombing.||41||102+|
|Israel||February 22, 2004||Liberty Bell Park bus bombing.||8||60|
|Philippines||February 27, 2004||The sinking of SuperFerry 14 by Abu Sayyaf terrorists.||116||0|
|Turkey||March 9, 2004||March 9, 2004 attack on Istanbul restaurant, caused by two Islamic militants who opened fire and detonatedpipe bombs. One attacker was killed and the other was seriously injured.||1||5|
|Spain||March 11, 2004||Madrid train bombings.||192||2050|
|Saudi Arabia||April 21, 2004||A car bomb explodes outside a building originally used by the Saudi police.||5||148|
|Saudi Arabia||May 29–30, 2004||The 2004 Khobar massacre was a shooting and bombing campaign led by four Al Qaeda-linked militants against two oil industry installations and a residential compound in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.||22||25|
|Saudi Arabia||June 6, 2004||BBC journalist Simon Cumbers and correspondent Frank Gardner were attacked by Al Qaeda sympathizers while filming an Al Qaeda safehouse in Al-Suwaidi, Riyadh. Cumbers was killed, while Gardner was seriously injured.||1||1|
|Saudi Arabia||June 8, 2004||An American employee of Vinnell Corp. was killed in Riyadh.||1||0|
|Saudi Arabia||June 18, 2004||American Paul Marshall Johnson was beheaded in Riyadh after being kidnapped at a fake police checkpoint on June 13, 2004.||1||0|
|Iraq||July 28, 2004||2004 Baqubah bombing.||68||24+|
|Iraq||August 1, 2004||2004 Iraq churches attacks.||12||71+|
|Saudi Arabia||August 3, 2004||An Irish national was shot and killed in Riyadh.||1||0|
|Bangladesh||August 21, 2004||The 2004 Dhaka grenade attack was carried out by members of Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami against an anti-terrorism rally.||24||300+|
|Russia||August 31, 2004||August 2004 Moscow Metro bombing.||10||50|
|Russia||September 1–3, 2004||Beslan school hostage crisis ||385||783|
|Indonesia||September 9, 2004||2004 Australian Embassy bombing in Jakarta, Indonesia. A suicide bomber exploded a one-ton car bomb, which was packed into a small Daihatsu delivery van, outside the Australian embassy at Kuningan District,South Jakarta.||9||150+|
|Saudi Arabia||September 15, 2004||A British national working for the Marconi Company was shot to death in his car in Riyadh.||1||0|
|Egypt||October 7, 2004||The 2004 Sinai bombings were three bomb attacks that targeted tourist hotels in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.||34||171|
|Netherlands||November 2, 2004||The murder of Theo van Gogh by Amsterdam-born jihadist Mohammed Bouyeri.||1||0|
|Indonesia||November 13, 2004||2004 Poso bus bombing. An IED targeting a bus traveling to the majority Christian village of Silancak.||6||3|
|Saudi Arabia||December 6, 2004||Five militants attacked the American consulate in Jeddah. Three attackers were killed by Saudi security forces, and the other two attackers were wounded and arrested.||9||10|
|Israel||January 13, 2005||Karni border crossing attack.||6||4|
|Lebanon||February 14, 2005||Assassination of Rafic Hariri The former Prime Minister of Lebanon, Rafic Hariri, was among 22 people killed when 1,000 kg of TNT exploded near his motorcade in Beirut.||22||0|
|Israel||February 25, 2005||Stage Club bombing.||5||50+|
|Indonesia||May 28, 2005||2005 Tentena market bombings.||22||90|
|India||July 5, 2005||Attack on the Hindu Ram temple in Ayodhya, India.||6||0|
|United Kingdom||July 7, 2005||Multiple bombings in London.||53||700+|
|Israel||July 12, 2005||12 July 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing.||5||90+|
|Egypt||July 23, 2005||Bomb attacks by the Abdullah Azzam Brigades hit Sharm el-Sheikh, an Egyptian resort city.||64||150|
|Bangladesh||August 17, 2005||The 2005 Bangladesh bombings are carried out by Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh.||2||50|
|Indonesia||October 1, 2005||2005 Bali bombings in Jimbaran , Kuta & Bali, Indonesia.||20||100+|
|Israel||October 26, 2005||Hadera Market bombing.||7||55|
|India||October 29, 2005||2005 Tentena market bombings. Over 60 killed and over 180 injured in a series of three attacks in crowded markets and a bus.||60||180+|
|Indonesia||October 30, 2005||Muslim militants on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi behead three Christian girls.||3||0|
|Jordan||November 9, 2005||2005 Amman bombings. A series of coordinated suicide attacks on hotels in Amman, Jordan. Four attackers including a husband and wife team were involved.||60||115+|
|Israel||December 5, 2005||5 December 2005 HaSharon Mall suicide bombing.||5||40+|
|Indonesia||December 31, 2005||A nail bomb explodes in a butcher's shop frequented by Christians in Palu, Indonesia.||8||53|
|Pakistan||March 2, 2006||A suicide car bomb exploded outside the Marriott Hotel, about 20 yards away from the U.S. consulate inKarachi.||4||30|
|India||March 7, 2006||A series of bombings occurred across the Hindu holy city of Varanasi.||28||101|
|Israel||May 30, 2006||Kedumim bombing.||4||0|
|Israel||April 17, 2006||2006 Tel Aviv shawarma restaurant bombing.||11||70|
|Egypt||April 24, 2006||2006 Dahab bombings.||23||80 (approx.)|
|India||April 30, 2006||2006 Doda massacre: Thirty-five Hindus killed by Islamist terrorists in the Doda district in Jammu and Kashmir.||35||0|
|India||July 11, 2006||2006 Mumbai train bombings: Seven bomb blasts over a period of 11 minutes on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai.||209||700+|
|Yemen||September 15, 2006||The September 15 2006 Yemen attacks were two attempted bombings of oil facilities in Yemen. 5 People dead, 4 of them being the attackers.||5||0|
|Israel||January 29, 2007||Eilat bakery bombing||3||0|
|Turkey||April 18, 2007||Three members of a publishing house are murdered by five assailants in the Zirve Publishing House massacre.||3||0|
|India||May 13, 2007||Jaipur bombings||80||216|
|United Kingdom||June 30, 2007||2007 Glasgow International Airport attack||1||5|
|Philippines||July 10-11, 2007||2007 Basilan beheading incident||34||9|
|Iraq||August 14, 2007||2007 Qahtaniya bombings||~500||~1500|
|Israel||February 4, 2008||2008 Dimona suicide bombing||1||9|
|India||July 26, 2008||2008 Ahmedabad bombings||56||Over 200|
|India||September 13, 2008||Bombing series in Delhi. Pakistani extremist groups plant bombs at several places including India Gate, out of which the ones at Karol Bagh, Connaught Place and Greater Kailash explode leaving around 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by another attack two weeks later at the congested Mehrauli area, leaving 3 people dead.||30||130|
|Pakistan||September 20, 2008||Islamabad Marriott Hotel bombing: A dump truck filled with explosives detonated outside the Marriott Hotel inIslamabad, killing at least 54, including 2 American servicemen.||54+||0|
|India||September 27, 2008||27 September 2008 Delhi blast: An explosion in Mehrauli's Electronic market called Sarai, killed 3 and injured 23 others.||3||23|
|Iraq||October 2008-January 2009||2008 attacks on Christians in Mosul||40+||?|
|India||November 26, 2008||Muslim extremists kill at least 166 people and wound numerous others in a series of coordinated attacks on India's financial capital, Mumbai. The government of India blamed Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba and stated that the terrorists killed/caught were citizens of Pakistan, a claim which the Pakistani government first refused but then accepted when given proof. Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists, was caught alive.||166+||?|
|United States||June 1, 2009||2009 Little Rock recruiting office shooting: Addulhakim Muhajid Muhammad||1||1|
|Somalia||June 18, 2009||2009 Beledweyne bombing by Al-Shabaab. 35 dead.||35||?|
|Indonesia||July 17, 2009||2009 Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Hotels bombing in Mega Kuningan, South Jakarta, Indonesia; suicide bombers hit theMarriott and 5 minutes later the Ritz-Carlton. 9 killed and 53 injured||9||53|
|United States||November 5, 2009||Fort Hood shooting, at Fort Hood near Killeen, Texas. 13 dead, 33 injured.||13||33|
|Egypt||January 7, 2010||The Nag Hammadi massacre was a massacre of Coptic Christians carried out in the Egyptian city of Nag Hammadi||11||11|
|Pakistan||February 3, 2010||February 2010 Lower Dir bombing||8||70|
|Iraq||March 3, 2010||The 2010 Baqubah bombings were a series of three bombings that killed at least 33 people and injured 55 others.||33||55|
|Russia||March 29, 2010||Moscow Metro bombings. Caucasus Emirate claimed responsibility||40||102|
|Iraq||May 10, 2010||The 10 May 2010 Iraq attacks were a series of bomb and shooting attacks that occurred in Iraq.||100+||350+|
|Pakistan||May 28, 2010||Attacks on Ahmadi Mosques Lahore, Pakistan. Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claimed attacks on two mosques belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community||86||Many|
|Pakistan||July 1, 2010||July 2010 Lahore bombings, anti Sufi attack, part of “a growing trend among militants to target members of other sects". ||42+||175+|
|Uganda||July 11, 2010||July 2010 Kampala attacks were suicide bombings carried out against crowds watching a screening of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final match.||74||70|
|Iran||July 15, 2010||2010 Zahedan bombings were two suicide bombings, that targeted Shia worshippers in Iran, including members of the Revolutionary Guards.||27+||270+|
|Iraq||August 17, 2010||17 August 2010 Baghdad bombings.||69+||169|
|Iraq||August 25, 2010||25 August 2010 Iraq bombings||53+||270+|
|Pakistan||October 6, 2010||Double suicide bombing at Abdullah Shah Ghazi Shrine. Part of a militant anti Sufi campaign||9+||55|
|Iraq||October 31, 2010||2010 Baghdad church massacre||51+||78|
|Pakistan||November 5, 2010||2010 Darra Adam Khel mosque bombing||66+||80|
|India||December 7, 2010||2010 Varanasi bombing||2||37|
|Sweden||December 11, 2010||2010 Stockholm bombing||1 (Bomber)||2|
|Pakistan||December 25, 2010||A female suicide bomber blows herself up in the middle of a crowd at a United Nations food center in the Bajaur region.||1||0|
- Egypt January 1, 2011 – The 2011 Alexandria bombing. 23 dead 97 injured.
- Iraq January 18–20, 2011 – The January 2011 Iraq suicide attacks. 137+ killed 230 injured.
- Russia January 24, 2011 – Domodedovo International Airport bombing. 37 killed, 173 wounded
- Iraq January 27, 2011 – 27 January 2011 Baghdad bombing killing 48 wounding 78.
- Iraq February 12, 2011 – 2011 Samarra bombing. 48 dead 80 injured.
- Germany March 2, 2011 – 2011 Frankfurt Airport shooting, Frankfurt, Germany. 2 dead, 2 injured.
- Pakistan March 8, 2011 – 2011 Faisalabad bombing. 25+ dead 127+ injured.
- Iraq March 29, 2011 – The 2011 Tikrit assault was an attack by the Islamic State of Iraq that took place in the city of Tikrit, Iraq. 65 dead 100 injured.
- Iraq May 5, 2011 – 2011 Al Hillah bombing. 24 dead 72 injured.
- Egypt May 7, 2011 – The 2011 Imbaba church attacks were a series of attacks against Coptic Christian churches. 15 dead 232 injured.
- China July 18, 2011 – 2011 Hotan attack, Hotan, China. A group of 18 young Uyghur men who opposed the local government's campaign against the full-face Islamic veil perpetrated a series of coordinated bomb and knife attacks and occupied a police station on Nuerbage Street, killing two security guards and taking eight hostages. The attackers yelled religious slogans, including ones associated with Jihadism, 4 killed, 4 wounded.
- China July 30, 2011 – A series of knife and bomb attacks occurred in Kashgar, China. Uyghur men hijacked a truck, killed its driver and drove into a crowd of pedestrians. They then got out of the vehicle and attacked pedestrians with knives. On July 31, a chain of two explosions started a fire in a restaurant, 15 killed, 42 wounded.
- India September 7, 2011 – 2011 Delhi bombing took place in the Indian capital Delhi. 17 dead 76 injured.
- Somalia October 4, 2011 – 2011 Mogadishu bombing. 100 dead 110+ injured.
- Iraq October 7–13, 2011 – October 2011 Baghdad bombings. 64 dead 190 injured.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina October 28, 2011 – A Wahhabi Islamist attacked the US embassy in Sarajevo with a firearm. He wounded a police officer before being shot and injured by police. 0 dead 2 injured (including attacker) 
- Iraq December 22, 2011 – The 22 December 2011 Baghdad bombings were a series of coordinated attacks. 60+ dead. 160+ injured.
- Nigeria December 25, 2011 – Christmas Day bombings were bomb blasts and shootings at churches in Madalla, Jos, Gadaka, and Damaturu. Over 41 people are reported dead.
- China December 28, 2011 – 15 Uyghur youths kidnap two goat shepherds en route to Pakistan for jihadist training. 8 dead 5 injured
- Iraq January 5, 2012 – Iraqi bombings, Baghdad and Nasiriyah, Iraq by Islamic State of Iraq. 73 dead, 149 injured.
- Iraq February 23, 2012 – Iraqi attacks, Baghdad, Iraq by Islamic State of Iraq. 83 dead, 250+ injured.
- Iraq March 20, 2012 – Iraqi attacks, Baghdad and at least 9 other cities, Iraq. 52 dead, ~ 250 injured.
- France March 20, 2012 – Toulouse and Montauban shootings in France. 7 dead, 5 injured.
- Russia May 3, 2012 – Makhachkala attack. 14 dead, including 2 suicide bombers, 130 wounded
- Yemen May 21, 2012 – 2012 Sana'a bombing against Yemeni Army soldiers practicing for the annual Unity Day military parade. 101+ dead 220+ injured.
- Iraq June 13, 2012 – The 13 June 2012 Iraq attacks were a series of simultaneous bombings and shootings occurred in Iraq. At least 93 people were killed and over 300 wounded.
- China June 29, 2012 – Tianjin Airlines Flight 7554 is diverted after an attempted hijacking which led to a fight with the 6 Uyghur men subsequently being restrained. 2 dead 14 injured
- Bulgaria July 18, 2012 – 2012 Burgas bus bombing. 7 dead, including the suicide bomber and 32 injured at Burgas Airport, Burgas, Bulgaria.
- Iraq July 23, 2012 – 23 July 2012 Iraq attacks. 116 dead 229 injured.
- Iraq August 16, 2012 – 16 August 2012 Iraq attacks. 128 dead 417 injured.
- Iraq September 9, 2012 – 9 September 2012 Iraq attacks. 108+ dead 371+ injured.
- Libya United States September 11, 2012 – 2012 Benghazi attack on the U.S. Consulate. 4 dead, 11 injured.
- Pakistan January 10, 2013 – January 2013 Pakistan bombings. 130 dead 270 injured.
- Algeria January 16, 2013 – In Amenas hostage crisis. 67+ dead.
- Pakistan February 16, 2013 – February 2013 Quetta bombing. At least 110 people were killed and 200 injured after a bomb hidden in a water tank exploded at a market in Hazara Town.
- India February 21, 2013 – 2013 Hyderabad blasts, two bomb blasts killed 16 people and injured 119.
- Iraq March 19, 2013 – 19 March 2013 Iraq attacks 98+ dead 240+ injured.
- United States April 15, 2013 – Boston Marathon bombings. Two brothers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnev, planted two bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. The blast killed 3 and injured 183 others.
- Turkey May 11, 2013 – Reyhanlı bombings, killed 52 people and wounded 140.
- United Kingdom May 22, 2013 – Two men with cleavers kill British soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich.
- Niger France May 23, 2013 – Battle of Agadez and Arlit. Two coordinated attacks perpetrated by Islamists affiliates targeted the two Niger towns of Agadez andArlit. 26 dead, 30+ wounded.
- France May 23, 2013 – 2013 La Défense attack. An Islamic extremist wielding a knife attacked and wounded a French soldier in the Paris suburb of La Défense. 1 wounded.
- Iraq May 27, 2013 – 27 May 2013 Baghdad bombings. 71 dead 224 injured.
- Pakistan June 15, 2013 – June 2013 Quetta attacks by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi. 26 dead 20+ injured.
- Pakistan June 22, 2013 – 2013 Nanga Parbat tourist shooting. 11 dead 2 injured.
- India July 7, 2013 – A series of ten bombs explode in and around the Mahabodhi Temple complex, in Bodh Gaya, India. 5 wounded.
- Afghanistan United States September 13, 2013 – 2013 attack on U.S. consulate in Herat. 2 dead 20 injured.
- Kenya September 21, 2013 – Westgate shopping mall attack, 67 killed, 175 wounded.
- Pakistan September 22, 2013 – Peshawar church attack, 80–83 killed, 250 wounded.
- Nigeria September 29, 2013 – Gujba college massacre. 44 students killed by Boko Haram
- China October 28, 2013 – A 4x4 vehicle crashed into a crowd and burst into flames in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, 5 killed, 38 wounded.
- Yemen December 5, 2013 – At the 2013 Sana'a attack at least 56 people died and 162 were wounded.
- Pakistan January 19, 2014 – 2014 Bannu bombing by Taliban. 26 dead 38 injured.
- Nigeria February 14, 2014 – Borno Massacre at least 200 killed by Boko Haram
- China March 1, 2014 – A group of 8 individuals attacked civilians at Kunming Railway Station, 28 dead, 143 wounded.
- Nigeria April 14, 2014 – The April 2014 Abuja bombing by Boko Haram. 88+ dead 200+ injured.
- China April 30, 2014 – Two assailants attacked passengers and detonated explosives at the Ürümqi railway station, 3 dead, 79 wounded.
- Nigeria May 20, 2014 – Jos bombings at least 118 killed and over 56 injured
- China May 22, 2014 – Two SUVs which carried 5 assailants were driven into a street market in Ürümqi and up to a dozen explosives were thrown at shoppersthrough the windows of the SUVs. The cars then crashed into shoppers and collided into each other and exploded, 39 dead, 90+ wounded.
- Belgium May 24, 2014 – Jewish Museum of Belgium shooting. Gunman opened fire at the Jewish Museum in Brussels killing 4 people.
- China July 28, 2014 – Attack in southern Xinjiang left 37 civilians dead and another 13 injured. A gang armed with knives and axes attacked a police station and government offices in Elixku Township, and some moved onto Huangdi Township, attacking civilians and smashing vehicles as they passed.
- Syria August 2014 – ISIL fighters massacred some 700 people, mostly men, of the Shu'aytat tribe in Deir ez-Zor Governorate.
- Pakistan August 15, 2014 – 2014 Quetta Airbase attack, twelve militants dead.
- Australia September 23, 2014 – 2014 Endeavour Hills stabbings. Numan Haider, an Afghan Australian stabbed two counter terrorism officers in Melbourne, Australia. He was then shot dead.
- Russia October 5, 2014 – 2014 Grozny bombing. 5 officers and the suicide bomber, were killed, while 12 others were wounded.
- Canada October 20, 2014 – 2014 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ramming attack. Lone attacker used his car to run over two Canadian soldiers. 1 killed, 1 injured
- Canada October 22, 2014 – 2014 shootings at Parliament Hill, Ottawa. Lone attacker shot a soldier at a war memorial and attacked Parliament. 1 killed, 3 injured.
- Israel October 22, 2014 – A Hamas terrorist rammed his vehicle into a group of people waiting at a light rail station in Jerusalem. 2 killed 8 wounded.
- United States October 23, 2014 – Zale H. Thomson, also known as Zaim Farouq Abdul-Malik, attacked four New York policemen in the subway with a hatchet, severely injuring one in the back of the head and injuring another policeman in the arm before being shot to death by the remaining officers, who also shot a civilian.
- Israel November 5, 2014 – In the November 2014 Jerusalem vehicular attack a Hamas operative deliberately drove a van at high speed into a crowd of people. 4 killed 13 wounded.
- Israel November 10, 2014 – An Israeli IDF soldier was stabbed to death by a Lone wolf jihadist.
- Israel November 18, 2014 – 2014 Jerusalem synagogue attack 5 dead. 7 injured.
- Nigeria November 28, 2014 – Kano bombing. Around 120 people were killed and another 260 injured.
- United Arab Emirates December 1, 2014 – A burqa-clad woman stabs a 47-year-old American teacher to death in a mall restroom in Abu Dhabi. She later plants a bomb outside the home of an Egyptian-American doctor, which was safely dismantled.
- Russia December 4, 2014 – 2014 Grozny clashes. 26 total dead, including 14 policemen, 11 Jihadist from Caucasus Emirate, 1 civilian
- Philippines December 9, 2014 – In the 2014 Bukidnon bus bombing 11 people died and 43 were injured.
- Australia December 15–16, 2014 – 2014 Sydney hostage crisis. A lone gunman, Man Haron Monis, held hostage ten customers and eight employees of a Lindt chocolate café at Martin Place in Sydney. Police treated the event as a terrorist attack at the time. It was however designated as a terrorist attack by the state government but Monis' motives have subsequently been debated. 3 dead 4 injured.
- Pakistan December 16, 2014 – 2014 Peshawar school massacre. Over 140 people dead, including at least 132 children.
- Yemen December 16, 2014 – 2014 Rada' bombings. Two suicide car bombers rammed their vehicles into a Shiite rebels' checkpoint killing 26, including 16 students.
- Nigeria December 18, 2014 – 2014 Gumsuri kidnappings. Boko Haram insurgents killed 32 men and kidnapped at least 185 women and children.
- Syria December 18, 2014 – Mass grave of 230 Tribesmen killed by ISIL found in Eastern Syria.
- France December 20, 2014 – 2014 Tours police station stabbing. A man yelling Allahu Akbar attacked a police office with a knife. He was killed and three police officers were injured.
- France December 21, 2014 – 2014 Dijon attack. A man yelling Allahu Akbar ran over 11 pedestrians with his vehicle. 11 injured
- Nigeria December 22, 2014 – Boko Haram insurgents bombed a bus station in the city of Gombe, killing at least twenty people.
- Iraq December 2014 – ISIL militants execute 150 women Iraqi province of Al-Anbar, some of whom were pregnant at the time, who refuse to marry their fighters.
- Iraq December 24, 2014 – A suicide bomber killed 33 people and wounded 55 others in Madaen, about 25 km (15 miles) south of Baghdad.
- Somalia December 25, 2014 – Al-Shabaab attack in Mogadishu leaves 9 dead.
- Cameroon December 28, 2014 – Boko Haram attacks village in Cameroon leaving 30 dead.
- Afghanistan January 5, 2015 – A car packed with explosives drove up to the headquarters of EUPOL Afghanistan, a European police-training organization, in Kabul and detonated. Taliban claimed responsibility. 1 killed 16 wounded.
- Iraq January 6, 2015 – Two suicide bombers attacked a mosque in the town of Al-Jubba while Iraqi soldiers were resting, killing 10 soldiers plus the two attackers. Clashes following the bombings left 13 security personnel dead and 21 wounded.
- France January 7–9, 2015 – A series of five attacks in and around Paris kill 17 people, plus three attackers, and leave 22 other people injured.
- Nigeria January 8, 2015 – 2015 Baga massacre. Boko Haram attacks town of Baga in northern Nigeria killing at least 200 people. Another 2000 are unaccounted for.
- France January 9, 2015 – The Porte de Vincennes hostage crisis kills 4 and injures 9 people.
- Lebanon January 10, 2015 – In the 2015 Jabal Mohsen suicide attacks 9 people died and 30+ were wounded.
- Egypt January 29, 2015 – January 2015 Sinai attacks. 44 killed, several wounded.
- Pakistan January 30, 2015 – Suicide bomber killed at least 55, injuring at least 59 in a Shiite mosque in southern Pakistan.
- Pakistan February 13, 2015 – Heavily armed militants killed at least 19 people and wounded more than 40 after they stormed into a Shiite mosque during Friday Prayer in a suburb of Peshawar.
- Denmark February 14–15, 2015 – 2015 Copenhagen shootings. A gunman opened fire at the Krudttoenden café and later at the Great Synagogue inCopenhagen, killing two civilians and injuring five others.
- Nigeria March 7, 2015 – Five suicide bomb blasts leave 58 dead and 143 wounded in the 2015 Maiduguri suicide bombing.
- Pakistan March 15, 2015 – Suicide bombers kill at least 15 people in attacks on two churches in Lahore.
- Tunisia March 18, 2015 – Bardo National Museum attack. Militants linked to Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) attack the Bardo National Museum with guns, killing 21 people and injuring around 50.
- Yemen March 20, 2015 – 2015 Sana'a mosque bombings. 135 killed in bombings on several mosques by ISIL.
- Libya March 25, 2015 – ISIL affiliates, The Shura Council of Benghazi Revolutionaries in Libya carried out suicide bombings in the city of Benghazi. Twelve were killed and 25 wounded. Five additional dead during attacks with a local militia.
- Somalia March 27, 2015 – Makka al-Mukarama hotel attack. 20+ dead 28 wounded.
- Kenya April 2, 2015 – 148 people—most of them Christian students—killed in Al-Shabaab's Garissa University College attack before Easter weekend Holidays.
- Saudi Arabia April 8, 2015 – In the city of Riyadh two policemen are shot dead. ISIL is blamed to be behind the attack.
- Somalia April 14, 2015 – Militants of Al-Shabaab attack a government building in Mogadishu in the 2015 Ministry of Higher Education attack. 17 dead 15 wounded.
- Iraq April 17, 2015 – A series of bombings by the ISIL occurred through Baghdad. 40+ killed 59+ injured.
- Iraq April 17, 2015 – A car bomb exploded at the entrance of the US consulate in Erbil, Iraq. ISIL took credit for the attack. 3 killed 5 wounded.
- Afghanistan April 18, 2015 – A suicide bomb detonated in front of a bank in Jalalabad, Afghanistan. ISIL claims responsibility. 33 killed 100+ injured.
- France April 19, 2015 – A 32-year Frenchwoman is murdered by a gunman whose plot to attack a church is foiled shortly after.
- Somalia April 20, 2015 – A minivan of UN workers was bombed by Al-Shabaab in the Puntland region of Somalia. 9 dead 4 injured.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina April 27, 2015 – At the Zvornik police station terrorist attack in the city of Zvornik, Republika Srpska, in Bosnia and Herzegovina, an armed member of a wahhabist movement opened fire on the police. In the shooting, a police officer was killed, two others were injured, and the attacker was killed by police.
- Iraq May 3, 2015 – Two car bombs were detonated ten minutes apart in Baghdad, Iraq. Nineteen were killed and an unknown number wounded. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attacks.
- United States May 3, 2015 – Two gunmen attacked the Curtis Culwell Center during a 'Draw Muhammad' cartoon art exhibit in Garland, Texas . 2 dead (perpetrators) 1 injured.
- Afghanistan May 3, 2015 – Taliban militants overran checkpoints in Warduj, killing 17 policemen.
- Afghanistan May 4, 2015 – A government bus was attacked by a suicide bomber in Kabul, killing one person and injuring 15 others.
- Iraq May 10, 2015 – Two car bombs were detonated ten minutes apart in Baghdad, Iraq and surrounding towns of Taji and Tarmiyah. ISIL claims responsibility. 14 were killed and wounding 30.
- Afghanistan May 10, 2015 – A bus carrying Afghan government employees was attacked in Kabul by a suicide bomber, killing 3 people and injuring 10. Taliban claimed responsibility.
- Pakistan May 13, 2015 – A bus carrying Shia Muslims was attacked by six armed gunman who rode up in motorcycles. Several Islamist groups claim responsibility. 45 dead 13 injured.
- Afghanistan May 14, 2015 – A hotel that was hosting a cultural event was attacked by Taliban fighters in Kabul leaving 14 dead including an American, an Italian, and 4 Indians.
- Afghanistan May 17, 2015 – A Taliban suicide attack near the entrance of Hamid Karzai International Airport targeting a European police training vehicle. 3 dead 18 injured.
- Afghanistan May 19, 2015 – A suicide car bombing detonated in the parking lot of a Justice Ministry building in the diplomatic section of Kabul, killing 4 people wounding 42.
- Libya May 21, 2015 – A suicide bomber detonated his explosives at a military checkpoint outside of Misrata killing himself and two guards.
- Saudi Arabia May 22, 2015 – A suicide bomber attacked a Shia mosque during prayer in the al-Qadeeh village. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack. 21 dead +90 injured.
- Afghanistan May 25, 2015 – Taliban militants killed 19 policemen and six soldiers during a siege at a police compound in Nawzad District of Afghanistan.
- Kenya May 26, 2015 – Al-Shabaab militants attacked two police patrols which turned into a gun battle north of Garissa, 5 police officers were injured but they were able to kill both of the attackers.
- Iraq May 28, 2015 – Two car bombs were set off minutes apart targeting the Cristal Grand Ishtar Hotel and the Babylon. 10 killed and 30 wounded.
- Saudi Arabia May 29, 2015 – A suicide bomber attacked a Shia mosque in Dammam detonating the bomb in the parking lot. 4 killed, unknown injured.
- Iraq June 1, 2015 – Three suicide bombers in humvees attacked an Iraqi police station in the Tharthar region in Northern Anbar Province. 41 dead, 63 wounded.
- Turkey June 5, 2015 – 2015 Diyarbakır rally bombings – Twin bombing of a Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) rally. 4 dead, over 100 injured.
- Iraq June 13, 2015 – Four suicide SUV car bombs went off in an Iraqi police station in the Hajjaj near Tikrit and Baiji. 11 dead, 27 injured.
- France June 26, 2015 – Saint-Quentin-Fallavier attack – Beheading in a factory near Lyon, head marked with Arabic writing and Islamist flags. Gas canisters planted provoked a fire. 1 dead, 11 injured.
- Kuwait June 26, 2015 – 2015 Kuwait mosque bombing – 27 people killed in explosion at Shia Imam Sadiq mosque in Kuwait City, medical sources tell Al Jazeera. Claimed by ISIL
- Tunisia June 26, 2015 – 2015 Sousse attack – Attack in Tunisia against two tourist hotels, over 28 people died.
- Somalia June 26, 2015 – Battle of Leego (2015) Attack on AMISOM base in Somalia with a car bomb, assault rifles and RPGs, causing over 30 military deaths.
- Nigeria June 26–30, 2015 – Boko Haram kills at least 200 people as they gun down and bomb villages, mosques, and other public space.
- Israel June 29, 2015 – 2015 Shuvat Rachel shooting shooting attack on civilian car, 1 death.
- Nigeria July 5, 2015 – Two bombs explode at an elite restaurant and mosque, killing at least 15 people in Jos.
- Nigeria July 7, 2015 – A bomb explodes in a government office in Zaria, killing 20 people.
- Cameroon July 13, 2015 – 2 suicide bombers explode in a bar in the town of Fotokol and kill 13 people, including a soldier from Chad who was killed in the second explosion.
- United States July 16, 2015 – 2015 Chattanooga shootings
- Nigeria July 17, 2015 – Two Nigerian towns are attacked by two suicide bombers, killing 62 people.
- Turkey July 20, 2015 – 2015 Suruç bombing Suicide bombing killed 33 people and injured 104 in Kurdish majority city of Suruç. ISIL claims responsibility.
- Nigeria July 22, 2015 – A series of explosions at two bus stations in Gombe kill about 40 people.
- Cameroon July 26, 2015 – A suicide bomber kills at least 14 people at a popular nightclub in Maruoa, just three days after 2 suicide bombers killed 20 people in the same town.
- India July 27, 2015 – 2015 Gurdaspur attack Three Islamic terrorists of Pakistani origin from Indian-administrated Kashmir disguised in army uniforms attacked the Dina Nagar police station in Gurdaspur District of Punjab, India. The attack resulted in the deaths of 3 policemen, 4 civilians and 15 others were injured. All 3 attackers were killed by the Indian security forces.
- Nigeria August 11, 2015 – 47 people are killed as explosions erupt at a crowded market in the town of Sabon Gari.
- Iraq August 13, 2015 – 2015 Baghdad market truck bombing A truck bomb in a Baghdad market killed more than 70 and injures 200.
- France August 21, 2015 – 2015 Thalys train attack Shooting and stabbing in train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris injures 5. The incident is believed by French police to be an Islamist terrorist attack.
- Nigeria August 28–30, 2015 – Boko Haram members massacre 79 people in 3 different Nigerian villages. 68 alone were killed in the village of Baanu.
- Nigeria September 10, 2015 - Explosion at a refugee camp for people fleeing Boko Haram kills at least 2.
- Iraq September 17, 2015 – Two suicide bombings in Baghdad killed 10 and injured 55. ISIL claims responsibility.
- Germany September 17, 2015 – Rafik Y, an Islamist of Iraqi descent attacked and injured a police officer with a knife in Berlin. 1 injured, 1 dead (perpetrator).
- Nigeria September 21, 2015 – At least 54 people were killed by multiple explosions in Nigeria.
- Yemen September 24, 2015 – A bomb attack on a Shia mosque in Sana'a killed 25 and injured dozens more during prayers for the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha. Claimed by ISIL.
- Bangladesh Italy September 29, 2015 – Three men on a motorbike shot and killed an Italian aid worker. The attack has been claimed by ISIL.
- Nigeria October 1, 2015 – Multiple suicide bombings by Boko Haram in North-East Nigeria killed 14 people (including the bombers) and injured 39.
- Israel October 1, 2015 – Gunmen opened fire on a car near Nablus on the northern West Bank, killing a man and woman. 4 of their 6 children were also in the car and witnessed the attack, but were uninjured. The attackers have been praised by Hamas.
- Australia October 2, 2015 – 2015 Parramatta shooting. A NSW Police Force civilian employee was shot dead outside NSW Police Force headquarters on Charles Street, Parramatta, Sydney by a 15-year old lone gunman. The gunman then engaged with NSW Police Special Constables in a shootout before being killed, 2 dead.
- Bangladesh Japan October 3, 2015 – A Japanese man was shot and killed in a similar fashion to an Italian aid worker killed 4 days earlier. The attack has been claimed by ISIL.
- Iraq October 3, 2015 – In Baghdad, two suicide bombings in Shiite majority neighbourhoods kill at least 18 people and injure 61. Attack claimed by ISIL.
- Afghanistan October 5, 2015 – Two suicide bombings in Kabul targeted an Afghan intelligence centre. 3 people were injured in the attack, claimed by the Taliban.
- Somalia October 7, 2015 – Militants of Al-Shabaab ambushed and killed the nephew of Somalia's president, Hassan Sheikh Mohamud. 2 dead.
- Turkey October 10, 2015 – In the 2015 Ankara bombings 102 people were killed and over 400 others injured. According to two high ranked sources in the Turkish security forces ISIL is most likely responsible.
- Chad October 10, 2015 – Multiple suicide bombings in Chad killed 33 people and injured 51. The attack is believed to be the work of Boko Haram.
- Afghanistan United Kingdom October 11, 2015 – A bomb attack in Kabul, targeting a British military convoy injured 7 Afghan civilians. The attack has been claimed by the Taliban.
- Nigeria October 22, 2015 – 20 people were killed in the northeast state of Borno, Nigeria in a Boko Haram attack.
- Nigeria October 23, 2015 – Two separate mosques were attacked by suicide bombers, killing 42 in Nigeria.
- Niger October 28, 2015 – Boko Haram militants attack a village in Niger, gunning down 13 people and allegedly burning down houses and cars during the rampage.
- Egypt Russia October 31, 2015 – Bomb on board a Russian jet brings it down in Sinai, bound for St Petersburg, killing 224 people.
- Lebanon November 12, 2015 – Twin suicide bombings kill 42 people in the capital city of Beirut.
- France November 13, 2015 – A series of terrorist attacks in Paris kill 137, and wound 368. They involved a series of coordinated attacks which consisted of mass shootings and suicide bombings. This incident was the most fatal event on French soil since World War II.
- Iraq November 13, 2015 – A Suicide bomber kills at least 21 at a Shia funeral.
- Philippines Malaysia November 17, 2015 – A Malaysian national is beheaded by Abu Sayyaf in the southern Philippines.
- Nigeria November 17, 2015 – A suicide attack at a market in Yola killed more than 30 people and hospitalised more than 80. The attack is thought to be the work of Boko Haram.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina November 18, 2015 – A lone wolf Islamist killed two soldiers and injured civilians in Sarajevo. 3 dead 5 wounded.
- Nigeria November 18, 2015 – Two explosions rock a phone market in Kano killing at least 15 people and injuring more than 100. Boko Haram is suspected to be behind it.
- Mali November 20, 2015 – Bamako hotel attack. Gunmen yelling "Allahu Akbar" storm a hotel in Bamako, Mali. At least 19 killed, and more than 160 were taken hostage.
- Iraq November 20, 2015 – A Suicide bomber detonates inside a Shiite mosque killing 10 people, other bombings in the area killed another 5 people.
- Cameroon November 21, 2015 – Suicide bombers affiliated with Boko Haram kill at least 10 in northern Cameroon.
- Nigeria November 22, 2015 – 8 people among women and children demise when a female suicide bomber is reduced to pulp.
- Tunisia November 24, 2015 – At least 12 people were killed in a bus bombing in Tunis, the capital of Tunisia. ISIL claimed responsibility for this attack that targeted a bus transporting members of the Presidential Guard.
- Egypt November 24, 2015 – In the November 2015 Sinai attack which occurred a day after the second round of parliamentary elections closed, militants attack a hotel housing election judges in the provincial capital of al-Arish in Egypt's North Sinai. 7 dead, 10+ wounded
- Niger November 25, 2015 – Boko Haram invades a village and shoots indiscriminately residents and also fire rockets, killing 18.
- Nigeria November 27, 2015 – 21 killed in Boko Haram suicide attack on a Shia procession in Nigeria
- Egypt November 28, 2015 – Islamist gunmen killed four security personnel in an attack at a police checkpoint in Saqqara. 4 dead
- Mali November 28, 2015 – Militants fired rockets on a MINUSMA peacekeeping forces base in northern Mali. Ansar Dine claimed responsibility. 3 dead, 20 wounded.
- United States December 2, 2015 – In the 2015 San Bernardino attack, married couple Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik shot and killed 14 people and injured 22 others in a killing spree that the FBI was investigating as "act of terrorism".
- Chad December 5, 2015 – Four female suicide bombers from the militant Islamist group Boko Haram attacked the Chadian island of Koulfoua on Lake Chad, killing at least 15 people and injuring 130.
- Yemen December 6, 2015 – The governor of the southern port city of Aden in Yemen, Jaafar Mohammed Saad, was killed in a car bomb attack. The assassination was claimed by ISIL.
- Afghanistan December 8, 2015 – In the 2015 Kandahar Airport attacks several Taliban members attacked the Kandahar Airport and surrounding area. 70+ killed, 35 injured.
- Egypt December 8, 2015 – An explosive device by Islamists targeting a military convoy went off in Rafah. 4 dead 4 injured.
- Iraq December 9, 2015 – A suicide bomber detonated his explosives in the doorway of a Shiite mosque. 11+ dead 20 injured.
- Afghanistan Spain December 11, 2015 – In the 2015 Spanish Embassy attack in Kabul, Taliban militants detonated a car bomb and stormed a guesthouse near the Spanish embassy. 6 dead, several injured.
- Syria December 11, 2015 – In the Tell Tamer bombings three truck bombs by ISIL killed up to 60 people and injured more than 80 in the town of Tell Tamer.
- Syria December 12, 2015 – Islamists detonated a car bomb near an hospital in central Homs. 16 killed, 54 injured.
- Iraq December 12, 2015 – A millitant detonated his explosives in a truck at an Iraqi position near the Saudi border. 6 dead, 14 injured.
- Nigeria December 13, 2015 – Boko Haram Islamists, at least some using machetes, attacked residents of the villages of Warwara, Mangari, and Bura-Shika. 30 killed and 20 injured
- Afghanistan December 21, 2015 – A suicide bomber on a motorcycle killed six and wounded three in Kabul, Afghanistan near Bagram Airfield.
- Nigeria December 26, 2015 – Boko Haram gunmen raided Kimba village in northern Nigeria, opening fire on residents and torching their homes. 14+ killed.
- Afghanistan December 28, 2015 – A Taliban suicide bomber killed at least one person and wounded 33 in an attack on a road near a school close to Kabul International Airport.
- Nigeria December 28, 2015 – Fourteen Islamist female suicide bombers aged 12–18 attempted to simultaneously attack the city of Maiduguri. Seven of the bombers were shot dead by Nigerian forces while three menaged to escape and detonate themselves in Baderi general area and near a Mosque, killing 26 people and wounding another 85.
- Pakistan December 29, 2015 – A suicide bomber detonated his explosives in the front entrance of a regional branch of the National Database and Registration Authority in the northwestern city of Mardan, Pakistan. The blast killed 26 people and more than 50 were wounded.
- Russia December 29, 2015 – A gunman opened fire on a group of local residents who were visiting a viewing platform at the fortress in Derbent, Dagestan, southern Russia, killing one and injuring 11. ISIL claims responsibility.
- Afghanistan January 1, 2016 – A Taliban suicide bomber detonated himself in a French restaurant called 'Le Jardin' in Kabul. 2 dead 15 injured.
- India January 2, 2016 – In the 2016 Pathankot attack suspected Jaish-e-Mohammed militants attacked an Indian air base killing 7 security force members. Several injured.
- Iraq January 3, 2016 – Five Islamist suicide bombers attack an Iraqi military base. 15 dead and 22 injured.
- Afghanistan January 4, 2016 – A Militant drove a truck packed with explosives to the armored gates of a compound for civilian contractors near Kabul's airport before detonating. 30 people injured, including children.
- Libya January 7, 2016 – In the Zliten truck bombing Islamist militants detonated a truck bomb at the police training camp al-Jahfal in the coastal town of Zliten, Libya. 50+ dead 100+ wounded.
- France January 7, 2016 – In the January 2016 Paris police station attack an Islamist from Morocco wearing a fake explosive belt attacked police officers with a meat cleaver. He was shot dead.
- Libya January 7, 2016 – A car bombing at a checkpoint in the Libyan oil port of Ras Lanuf left seven people dead and 11 wounded.
- Egypt January 8, 2016 – In the 2016 Hurghada attack two militants armed with a melee weapon and a signal flare stormed the Bella Vista Hotel. 3 injured.
- France January 11, 2016 – A 15-year old Turkish ISIL supporter attacked a teacher from a Jewish school in Marseille with a machete. 1 injured.
- Iraq January 11, 2016 – ISIL gunmen detonate suicide vests in a shopping mall, killing at least 20 and wounding more than 40 people.
- Turkey January 12, 2016 – In the 2016 Istanbul bombing an ISIL suicide bomber kills 10 tourists and injures 15 more in the historical centre of Istanbul.
- Indonesia January 14, 2016 – In the 2016 Jakarta attacks 4 assailants kill 2 and injure 24 in a terrorist attack in Jakarta. The attack was orchestrated and financed from ISIL in Syria.
- Somalia January 15, 2016 – In the El Adde attack, Al-Shabaab terrorists attack a African Union Kenyan army base in El-Adde. 63+ killed, several injured.
- Burkina Faso January 15, 2016 – In the 2016 Ouagadougou attack Islamist gunmen armed with heavy weapons attacked the Cappuccino restaurant and theSplendid Hotel in the heart of Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso. 20+ killed. 15+ injured.
- Pakistan January 21, 2016 – At least 22 killed in attack on Bacha Khan University, Pakistan. The Taliban claim responsibility for the attack.
- Somalia January 22, 2016 – Al-Shabab attack on beachside restaurant leaves 20 dead.
- Cameroon January 25, 2016 – Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have blown themselves up in a market in Cameroon, killing at least 25 people and injuring 62 others.
- Nigeria January 30, 2016 – Boko Haram gunmen raided a Nigerian village, at least 65 people were killed and 136 others injured.
- Ivory Coast March 13, 2016 – In the 2016 Grand-Bassam shootings Al Qaeda gunmen stormed 3 hotels in the beach resort city of Grand-Bassam in the Ivory Coast, leaving 18 people dead.
- Iraq March 20, 2016 – In Anbar, Iraq, ISIL suicide bombers kill at least 24 at municipal building
- Belgium March 22, 2016 – 2016 Brussels bombings includes two suicide bombings in Brussels Airport and one bombing in Brussels Metro that resulted in 35 deaths and more than 300 wounded.
- Yemen March 25, 2016 – Three ISIL suicide bombers strike security checkpoints in the Yemeni city of Aden, killing 26 people.
- Iraq March 25, 2016 – 30 people killed and 95 injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up at a football stadium in Iskandariya, south of Baghdad. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Pakistan March 27, 2016 – The 2016 Lahore suicide bombing targeted Christians who had gathered on Easter in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park. The blast, by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Pakistani Taliban faction, killed at least 70 people and injured 300 others.
- Afghanistan April 19, 2016 – The April 2016 Kabul attack targeted a security team responsible for protecting government VIPs in Kabul, Afghanistan. The attack killed 64 people and wounded 347. It was the Taliban's biggest attack on an urban area since 2001.
- Bangladesh April 23, 2016 – Attackers hacked a university professor to death in the city of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack stating that they assassinated him "for calling to atheism in the city of Rajshahi in Bangladesh".
- Bangladesh April 25, 2016 – Two gays rights activists were hacked to death in the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka. An Al-Qaeda affiliated group claimed responsibility for the attacks and stated they killed the two as they were "pioneers of practicing [sic] and promoting homosexuality in Bangladesh".
- Iraq May 11, 2016 – At least 40 people were killed and 60 injured in a car bomb attack on a market in Baghdad. ISIL claims responsibility.
- United States June 12, 2016 – 49 people were killed and 53 injured in a mass shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Florida. The shooter, Omar Mateen, pledged allegiance to ISIL.
- France June 14, 2016 – Two French citizens, a police officer and his wife were stabbed to death in Magnanville, France by a man swearing his allegiance to ISIL.
- Pakistan June 22, 2016 – Assassination of Amjad Sabri, claimed by a splinter group of the Pakistani Taliban who accused Sabri of blasphemy.
- Bangladesh July 1, 2016 – Gunmen killed 20 hostages. 13 hostages were rescued, two police officers, and six terrorists were killed. One terrorist is in custody. ISIL has claimed responsibility, but according to Bangladeshi officials, the attack was carried out by homegrown militant group Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh.
- Iraq July 3, 2016 - July 2016 Baghdad bombings Two coordinated bomb attacks killed over 300 people and injured over 221 others.